Thursday 10 October 2024

11-260 (15/9/24) -- Celebrate!

What a wonderful day. Today was sunny and warmer than the past two days have been. It was a very pleasant day for a birthday. <smile> We went for a walk along a path that was new to us both. It felt good to get out in nature and breathe the fresh air. I liked the metaphor of walking a new path. I challenge myself to do new things during the next year -- matching the number of new things to the number of years at my birthday. Not all new things are chosen by us -- some fall into our lives. All are things that help us learn and grow. We just have to remain open to  those lessons. 

Supper was wonderful. My dearest friend made fresh tomato sauce and served it with spinach-cheese ravioli. Very yummy. Of course there was cake for dessert complete with a candle and the singing of the birthday song. It all made me smile. 

The day was a delightful celebration. One song came to mind while thinking through the day, so it is shared here tonight. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Birthday -- Beatles


 

No comments:

Post a Comment