Saturday 26 November 2016

Day 3 - 331 -- Evenings

Another Saturday night spent with a pile of essays. I sometimes say my life is to be envied <smile>. I do realize that there is some truth to that statement, even though I tend to use it in a less positive vein. Evenings and weekends spent with work can be overwhelming. Wanting to head out for a shopping trip -- for groceries or other items -- that isn't rushed seems so far from reality for 8 months of the year. The same can be said for going out for a chat and cup of tea, having friends over for dinner, or taking an evening to watch a movie or just read a book. I feel that I whine about this often, but there is a distinct feeling of deprivation and missing out on some parts of life. It can make concentration very difficult -- even if the topic being read is interesting. I've been trying to find a way around that recently.

I did walk out to get milk and some items for supper early in the afternoon. There was a bit of sun amongst the clouds, but it was a bit chilly. We are expecting a nor'easter type storm overnight into tomorrow. My grading break was to be the Santa Parade just after lunch, but if it is pouring rain, that may be cancelled.

Grading set aside for the day now, but it is time to try to sleep. I generally am awake into the early morning. I was born at 12:36 AM and have found that time of day to be very private when everything becomes quiet. A song came to mind last evening when thinking through some grading. The lyrics deal with the time of day and the feeling of missing out on something. I do love the singer-songwriter  -- he is such a talented individual with a distinctive voice. Enjoy!

Night Life -- Willie Nelson (recorded at Berklee College 1  month after his 80th birthday)


No comments:

Post a Comment