Sunday 6 September 2015

Day 2 - 248 -- Some Serious 'Me' Time

Spent the day recharging -- this week will be rather full as classes begin. I spent the day with a hobby that I rarely have time to devote to during the school year. It was enjoyable. It is nice to be able to relax and enjoy something with no connection to work or anyone else but me. I do have friends who share the same interests, of course, but today was just me and my collections. <smile>

The need to spend time alone is key to most introverts. We are able to get energy from being alone. That doesn't mean that I don't like being with people, because I really do. What it means is that being with others takes a lot of energy for me. So, spending time acting like a hermit can actually help me cope better with the rest of the world.

Being a bit of a hermit today brought a song or two to mind. I've chosen one for the singers and the title, each of which fit my 'alone-y' day. Enjoy!

I'm into Something Good -- Herman's Hermits


No comments:

Post a Comment