Saturday 10 September 2022

9-248 (5/9/22) -- Sweating the Small Things

Today was filled with a mad scramble to get things ready for mid-week. I see so many final details that make things feel overwhelming just because of the sheer number of bits to complete.  Putting the final touches on things always seems deceptively simple. Individually, these might be less time-consuming, but when many final bits arrive concurrently it can take a lot of time to complete. 

I tried to fit in a short walk later in the day to help release a bit of the tension that comes with working to deadlines. Not my favourite way to do things, but sometimes this is the only way things can be done. When some of the items require input from other people, the stress level can increase. I often catch myself thinking that I can do it quicker by myself. This, of course, is not the case. The lead time and background information needed from others to complete their parts of the project could not be done my me in short order. So, I am required to put my trust in others -- not something I do easily at the best of times <grin>. 

The good news for the day is that things are moving forward well and most bits will be done on time. Now, if I could just sleep well tonight instead of waking with anxious thoughts of past and future actions, I would have more wherewithal to complete the very last steps. <smile> If past experience tells me anything, it says that things will be done and done well -- so just chill, will you? <grin>. 

I love the title line of this song. It sounds calming and reassuring, too. This version brings a new voice to the mix. Keep safe. Enjoy!

Don't Worry Baby -- The Beach Boys



  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment