Friday 23 September 2022

9-260 (17/9/22) -- Slowing the Pace

Today was quiet and spent around the house. Later in the afternoon a neighbour stopped by for a fun visit. We headed out for a great supper with a nice wine and good conversation. Sometimes the simple things make all the difference. I feel there are times that I am so focused on things that I miss what is right in front of me. Failure to live in the moment or at least acknowledge that it is present can take one away from living their lives. Instead, we tend to look back or forward and miss where we are. A friend of mine often said that we shouldn't wish our lives away. That referred to looking ahead and wishing something would happen sooner -- the arrival of a favourite season, the weekend or a planned vacation. Planning for the future makes sense, but not to the extent that we should ignore the present. The other way to miss where we are involves dwelling on past events -- good and not so great. Either way such thoughts take us out of the current moment. I work to bring myself to a place where I can reflect on the past and plan for the future while not missing the here and now. I don't always succeed, but I'm working on it. <smile> 

The song shared today focuses on living in the moment speaking of how time passing is all perspective. I enjoy this singer-songwriter. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Secret O' Life -- James Taylor


 

No comments:

Post a Comment