Wednesday 28 September 2022

9-261 (18/9/22) -- Music, Food and Sunshine

It was a lovely sunny Sunday afternoon. We went out for an afternoon of good music -- a fun set list. I haven't done anything like this for a long time. It was an outdoor area with well spaced seating, which helped me to fell more comfortable being in a smaller sized crowd. I don't think I'm ready for a large crowd event yet, but this helped to break the ice. We had a great pizza while out, too. I rarely find what I think of as great pizza, so this was a pleasant surprise. I think it is all in the crust and a lighter hand with the cheese. This one was a great topping combo, too -- artichoke hearts, fresh basil leaves, Italaian tomatoes, prosciutto, and a dusting of three cheese blend. The crust was amazing -- wonderful flavour and not too salty. Yum! I enjoy finding great food in smaller venues where I least expect superb flavours and execution. <smile>.  Life is full of surprises. 

I enjoyed the relaxing afternoon. The pandemic has made such days few and far between. Being able to be out and about and sharing the day with friends is such a gift. This is one positive that I've encountered from the isolation of the past two years. I still feel like something emerging from a cocoon or something -- everything feels new again and I have to relearn things I knew how to do before everything -- like how to socialize <grin>. 

The lyrics of an older song notes the positives of a Sunday with sunshine. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Sunday Sun -- Neil Diamond



No comments:

Post a Comment