Sunday 1 September 2024

11-242 (29/8/24) -- Answers?

Shopping today was a washout. The first store, a bakery, didn't have what I wanted on the shelves. The drug store didn't have anything for three of the four items on my list. When I saw the nine people standing in line waiting to pay, I said no to the only item I did see on a shelf today. The aisles were jammed with three to five employees each scanning every item on the shelves -- inventory time, I guess. Given the number of people doing that job, surely they could have two people at the checkout area given that it was seniors day. The third store I went to did not have what I wanted either. None of the things on my list are out of the ordinary and many are store brand products. The last store I went to had some items that could fit my immediate needs. So, I did not come home totally empty handed. I'll just have to go back at some future point to get what I need. 

While walking from store to store today, I asked many questions to which there are no easy answers. That and the wind brought a song to mind. The lyrics fit my unanswerable questions. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Blowin' in the the Wind -- Bob Dylan 



No comments:

Post a Comment