Sunday 8 September 2024

11-253 (8/9/24) -- Running on Empty

Today was a quiet day. I went for a short walk in the afternoon and spent time indoors finishing laundry tasks. I sat down for lunch and could hardly keep my eyes open.  I tried to stay awake, but it was impossible. It left me feeling frustrated that I couldn't get up and carry on with things that need to be done -- and some that I just want to do. I had to drag myself around for a  while and then the fresh air of the walk helped me to perk up a bit. That helped me get to doing the items on the 'to do' list for today. 

I guess the disrupted sleep last night played a role in the fatigue today. I woke at 2:30 AM and was awake until about 4. The sleepiness during the day felt like something had control of my brain and was trying to get me to shut down. That brought to mind the idea of the sandman we heard about as children. The song I chose for today deals with that mythical being. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Sandman -- America


 

No comments:

Post a Comment