Sunday 1 September 2024

11-243 (30/8/24) -- Local Producers

The day was bright and sunny with clear blue sky -- warm but not hot. I re-ran one of the errands from yesterday and got what had been on my list at the bakery. Got the last one, too. It was a very busy place. After lunch, I headed out for a walk -- longer than usual. I stopped at the farmstand just behind the subdivision. There are many great things there. It is all on the honour system -- cash or direct bank transfer. It all looked so great. When I'm ready for more fresh produce, I will stop there to see what's available. This year the produce comes from the farm just across the highway from the subdivision -- one that trains new farmers. 

I love living close to producers in a smaller town where you get to know them. Farming isn't an easy life, but new innovative ways to produce and market products help. The song today pays tribute to those who work to produce our food supply. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Here's to the Framer -- Luke Bryan



 

No comments:

Post a Comment