Sunday 8 September 2024

11-251 (6/9/24) -- Sunset

Lovely sunshine early in the day, gave way to cloudy skies as the rainstorm from the south Atlantic approached. On my evening walk, the clouds did not obscure an amazingly gorgeous sunset -- intense pinkish with coral highlights filled the western sky. That brought to mind the saying that red sky at night is sailors' delight -- which I assume means wind is on the way.

I love sunsets and prefer these to sunrises since I'm not a morning person. I have seen some wonderful sunrises over the ocean. I admit to going back to bed after the event, but it was stunning to experience. I miss seeing the full sky for these events. The prairies have huge sky visible compared to where I currently live with forests and hills. Viewing over the water is almost like the prairies, but still not quite the same. One can see further in the drier air than that over the water.  To see both the western or eastern skies on the prairies is doable from most vantage points. Here, that is not always manageable. I am lucky that my home can see both the morning and evening skies. 

There are many songs about sunsets. I chose one that I haven't heard for a while. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Waterloo Sunset -- The Kinks



No comments:

Post a Comment