Thursday 5 June 2014

Day 156 -- clean car brings on the rain

Weather today was odd -- hot and sunny, cloudy with cool wind, sprinkles, and downpours -- all in a shuffle loop like some giant iPod. Not bad, but it was inevitable that it would rain because I had the car washed today <smile>.  We are expecting damp days tonight into Saturday. While not ideal for outdoor activities, it is sorely needed. There is an open fire ban due to the dry nature of grasses and forests and at least one small community has been asked to conserve water. It is hard to believe that this same area was so soggy just 4-6 weeks ago.

Rain will invariably bring some humidity if the temperature stays warm. The house is damp now with the dehumidifier running almost continuously. It is sticky indoors for sleeping, but temps do drop overnight.  I guess I'm just sensitive to humidity around 50% and above -- it just makes me feel sticky and unable to breathe. So, even after almost 16 years in a maritime climate, I function better as a prairie person it seems. This is the time that a/c would be helpful, but I am going to settle for a new quieter fan.

I've chosen a song for today that will involve disco flashbacks, so be forewarned. Enjoy!

Car Wash -- Rose Royce


No comments:

Post a Comment