Monday 23 June 2014

Day 174 -- Lupins

When driving down the highway last week, I saw lupins.  These are a wonderful sign of summer.  The variety of colours in the patches of flowers along the side of the road is stunning -- shades of pink from pale to deep pinkish red and shades of blue from pale to deep royal blue.  The spikes of small flowers remind me of the delphinium that my mom grew when I was a kid, but are wild and more colourful. My perception was that the flowers this year were smaller than usual, but then I was passing them at highway speeds.

The selection for today shows a few great pictures of lupins at the beginning of the video. The singer is one of Cape Breton's treasures. Later in the video areas near where her home was show the beauty of that island. enjoy!

Lupins -- Rita MacNeil


No comments:

Post a Comment