Tuesday 10 June 2014

Day 160 -- Supporting leadership

I've been pondering leadership today. What makes a good leader? They take control of their lives -- by that I mean they take responsibility for their actions. They are mentors to others, helping others move forward. They need their own mentors, as everyone needs someone to talk with to determine which direction to go.

I've had some amazing mentors in my life -- supervisory people who took time to get to know the whole person and celebrate their life accomplishments, not just their work tasks. They encouraged me when I felt things were difficult -- always challenging me to go beyond the basics and dig deeper into a topic and into myself. I have tried to use this model myself and have encountered times when those I mentored returned the favour.

Some of the passages of today's selection remind me of the mentoring of leadership. The singer led by example and through music. Enjoy!

Stand by me -- John Lennon



No comments:

Post a Comment