Sunday 6 July 2014

Day 187 -- Playing Pick-up-sticks

This afternoon I spent time trying to clean up the yard after the storm. It was littered with leaves and small branches. Raking helped the process go more efficiently. I filled my green bin -- the large wheeled bin for compostables pick up by the town. The yard looks a bit better than it did, but there is at least another bin full waiting to be gathered -- mainly leaves as I tried to gather the twigs and branches into a pile ready to put in the green bin  after pick up on Tuesday.

I've often referred to this type of activity as pick-up-sticks -- the puzzle part becomes how to get the most into the bin -- so it is still a game of sorts. It is also a good form of exercise. The sun was warm today and the humidity is on the rise for tomorrow. It will be much warmer for the next round of clean up Tuesday morning, but the yard will look much better when it is done -- unless more wind arrives and blows this into the next yard or drops more from the trees <smile>.

I heard the chorus of today's selection as I worked away in the yard today -- made me smile <smile>. Enjoy!

Blow Away -- George Harrison


No comments:

Post a Comment