Wednesday 23 July 2014

Day 204 -- stuffy, itchy, tired

Welcome to the peak season for what we used to call "hay fever."  As the weather heats up and things go to seed, the air is filled with stuff that causes me discomfort. It is worse in these hot days as it becomes necessary to open a window or two to help cool the house at night. In turn, the allergens invade my house. It is a trade off as I'd prefer to leave windows shut, but if cool air is available, it must be used so I can at least sleep.

For the past week, I've been stuffy or have a bit of a headache when I wake in the morning. Other allergy symptoms come and go through the day and across days. At least there are a number of methods to deal with them, and not all medicinal. <smile>  So, as I was reaching for a tissue today, I thought of a couple songs -- each made me smile, if not giggle a bit. One deals with the main issue of allergic responses and the other describes how the allergy fairy enters my house <grin>. Enjoy!

Allergies -- Paul Simon


She Came in Through the Bathroom Window -- Joe Cocker with Leon Russell


No comments:

Post a Comment