Saturday 14 November 2015

Day 2 - 316 -- New Things to Enjoy

Newness and change can be intimidating or exciting or both at the same time. I am one that often has to ponder things before understanding how I feel about something. Initially I may feel uneasy, but am unable to articulate why. With time and reflection, the unease becomes clearer and I am able to recognize a feeling or understanding of the situation. I strongly believe new things belong in all lives and often feel open to change, even though it scares the hell out of me. For this reason, I aim to try new things and understand new thoughts from various perspectives, not just from my comfy corner of the universe. No small feat <smile>.

The newest encounter came last night in the form of a new (well new-to-me) musical artist. As I was flipping through the channels, I saw the most intriguing choreography accompanied by an intriguing voice. It likely fits into an indie synth-pop genre, and it was wholly fascinating in an unsettling way -- almost unable to take my eyes off the avant garde visuals on the screen. The second song was different in sound, but just as amazing. Both were heard on the Daily Show yesterday. I want to share these here so some of you may be introduced to this young talent (and some of you can enjoy one you already know). The videos show the emphasis on  performance that is central to the presentation of the songs. I've listened to a number of her songs and have chosen these two, but encourage you to listen to others. Enjoy!

Tilted -- Christine and the Queens




Paradis Perdu -- Christine and the Queens

No comments:

Post a Comment