Saturday 14 November 2015

Day 2 - 317 -- Behind a Smile

Ever have a day when you just feel frustrated with everything? Today was one of those days for me. I slept poorly and woke later than usual. There was a bit of a headache and some nausea that came and went all day. I did far less work than I'd hoped. I found myself revisiting old frustrations -- mainly anger with situations and people -- including me, I discovered. Just a brooding cranky sort of day filled with feelings of betrayal, loss of power and control.

One thing that seemed to run through my thoughts were glimpses of people smiling. Not those genuine smiles but the plastic fake kind or those nasty sneers that appear sometimes -- You know, those people who smile and nod in agreement when they don't agree at all. Its passive aggressive silliness that makes communication nearly impossible <sigh> and is totally disempowering.

One obvious song ran through my head today along with all the frustrations. It seems to fit the theme of the day -- and as Scarlett said, "After all, tomorrow is another day." Can you dig it? <smile>. Enjoy!

Smiling Faces Sometimes -- The Undisputed Truth


No comments:

Post a Comment