Wednesday 18 November 2015

Day 2 - 321 -- Moments of calm

The end of the work day brings a wonderful welcome each time I arrive home. It feels comfortable and spending the evening with my best furry friend allows me to be calm and helps with reflection on the events of the day. I enjoy those moments of clarity -- if they occurred with greater frequency, it might help with that calm feeling becoming more common. A couple of events over the past two days helped me see things in a different light, enabling me to focus on the needs of others. While not earth-shattering in any way, these provided feelings of empowerment, respect and centredness -- feelings that I hope I was able to pass along to others.

I often look back on the day for the '3 things to be grateful for' yet often find myself condemning the whole day or week because of one event or ongoing struggle. It seems to me that the peace is found in moments not in the totality of a time block. It isn't all bad, nor is it all good; often it is just ticking along and putting one foot in front of the other. Brief moments can colour the feelings for the longer term -- for positive or negative overall outlooks. It may be that we can be so focused on the big picture that we disregard the moments or miss them entirely. A goal to watch for the moments might not be a bad plan.

A song that has a peaceful sound and lyrics sung by an amazing singer/songwriter fits today's reflections well. It even covers heading home at the end of the day <smile>. Enjoy!

Welcome Home -- Carole King


No comments:

Post a Comment