Saturday 21 November 2015

Day 2 - 324 -- Paper Storm

I've often wondered how paperwork seemed never-ending. I've concluded that there is some self-replicating process at work -- one we neither see nor fully perceive. The result is that we never seem to get to the bottom of the pile, or piles in some cases.

I've found myself in the midst of a paper storm, being inundated with white sheets filled with typed words. Each time I think I've made a dent in the pile, it seems that there is just more to read than had been there earlier in the day. I fear the paper will eventually envelope me and I'll be found under heaps of paper that need to be removed by shovel.

A song that seemed to fit the situation came to mind. It has a history. The singer of the version shared here was not the originally intended singer. I've also shared the backing tracks without the lyrics since these were never completed prior to an untimely death -- if only we had that track it would be amazing. The song, though, speaks to the metaphor of feeling awash in something intangible.The instrumental version has a brighter feeling to it -- one can almost hear voice. Enjoy!

Buried Alive in the Blues -- Big Brother and the Holding Company


Buried Alive in the Blues -- Full Tilt Boogie Band (from the Janis Joplin album Pearl)


No comments:

Post a Comment