Sunday 2 July 2023

10-183 (2/7/23) -- Spaciality

While packing boxes and stacking them for later removal, I was struck by the challenge to spacial reasoning held by these tasks. I thought of it like a game of Tetris, for which I once held the hugh score record at an arcade for a hot minute back in the '90s. Fitting things into boxes, especially now that many boxes are being filled with miscellaneous category goods, and piling boxes in rooms so one can still walk around a bit are the two challenges that occupy my days. Who knew the physics courses I was required to take as an undergraduate student would come in handy? <smile> One might think that wrapping and packing was semi-mindless, particularly when I find myself zoning out. In my experience, these challenges lead to mental fatigue, while the lifting and moving of boxes creates more physical fatigue. 

I share with you today an irritating little melody -- the theme song for Tetris. I never played on a gaming console but only on my computer screen or at the arcade the evening I made the high score. I found it relaxing to run through a few games before heading off to bed, though I always played with the sound off <grin>. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Tetris Theme Song (GameBoy) 



No comments:

Post a Comment