Saturday 29 July 2023

10-194 (13/7/23) -- Closet Mystery

Today I had two friends stop by to help me take loads of fragile and last minute items to the new place. One helped me to consolidate all things leaving the house in the living room. We went carefully from room to room to check closets and closet shelves, just to be certain everything was transferred to a new home. 

While checking the closet shelves we found several contained something hidden way into a back corner. Interestingly these were similar objects -- ones that I did not place there. Clothes pins. Simple wooden clothes pins. In most cases it was a single one, but when we checked the final closet, I found five.  I stated that the universe was sending me a message of some sort. For my friend, they reminded her for fresh, clean laundry. To me that meant a clean start to something new. As the afternoon progressed, a second friend helped me to move the cleaning tools and empty the fridge. That left the few items in the shed and the deep freeze contents to transport with the plants tomorrow. As I left the place for the day, it felt very odd. There were just a few small boxes and bags in the living room to help me move the final things tomorrow -- once I finished the final little cleaning touches. It was very emotional. I was reminded at that point of the clothes pins. They signified holding it together as I left the house for the next to last time. Who knew such a small item that sees much less use now than even 25 years ago could hold such strength, calm and hope? 

I was pleased for the help rendered by friends today. I am at the point where having someone direct and organize is just what I needed. at the new place, I heated a frozen dinner and settled down to listen to a recorded program on television. When I turned it on, nothing happened. I checked the phone so I could call the service provider -- no dial tone. The tablet noted there was no internet connection. So while I got things connected yesterday, the day after the move, today the connections disappeared. It will be a week before a service tech can be sent to fix the issue. The phone help person determined it was a faulty modem that lasted about 24 hours. Luckily, the mobile provider gave me a large chunk of complimentary data, so I could set up a hot spot to keep partially connected during the move. Again, with the help of a friend, we got things set up. It will mean limiting my online presence, but I can at least stay somewhat connected. Again, a way to help me hold it all together. <smile> 

A song about new beginnings seemed to fit the message of the clothes pin today. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

New Morning -- Bob Dylan





No comments:

Post a Comment