Friday 28 July 2023

10-192 (11/7/23) -- GO!!

 What a day! Adrenalin ruled with the result being a lot of frenetic, unfocused behaviour. I went to bed just after 3 am and woke about 7:30 am -- not nearly enough sleep to deal with the intensity of the moving day process. The day was a blur. Furry one was upset with being sequestered during the movers loading out and loading in. Luckily the master suite at the new place has enough space that he can stay in there for a couple days until he calms down. It will be the place I go for sanity saving, too. <smile> 

So many questions thrown at me about where to put things. I had placed sheets of paper on the floor noting which furniture would go where at the new place. I had forgotten a couple of major pieces so I had to make a decision when my brain was only partially working. The guys were great and helped with a number of items that needed some extra packing paper or needed no box at all. I relegated many items to be placed in the garage while I decide what goes into storage there or unpacks into the house. Several things will be sold or donated. The goal is to get to use the garage for a car by the time snow arrives. The kitchen/dining/living room area is a sea of cardboard. I'm glad I labeled well with where to locate the boxes and what was inside. This exercise did fall apart over the past couple of days, when boxes began to hold things from more than one room -- all the last minute things that won't fill a box on their own. Now the camping in rather than out begins until I rediscover locations of the things needed for a regular daily routine.   

I spoke to a dear friend this evening and the word 'wonked' came out to describe how I sounded. I did not disagree. Total exhaustion resulted from the lack of sleep and the seven-ish hours it took to move from point A to point B. A song line ran though my head into the evening. It goes well with my friends description. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Undun -- The Guess Who


 

No comments:

Post a Comment