Sunday 2 July 2023

10-182 (1/7/23) -- Smokey Events

Today was Canada Day. I spent it doing laundry and packing in several areas of the house. I got to the front closet where I boxed up all the scarves, hats, mitts and cloth bags. Even after culling the collections, it apears that too many still exist. <sigh>. The last of the kitchen mugs weint into a box. I did keep a couple out so I can have some variety with my tea for the next ten days. 

 During one of my breaks, I watched the Canada Day celebrations from Ottawa. The speeches and musical performers were interesting. As the daytime events were comingn to a close, a tornado watch began. With the severe weather risk, high smoke index and fire risk, the rest of the festivities were cancelled. Here, we did have fireworks. I walked down to watch what could be seen. There were a great many people at the field and it was very noisy. With the high humidity, the smoke just hung in the air after the explosions. It was less than pleasant.   

I heard a unique band today from the televised celebrations. I share a song from this world music band -- a mashup of a number of rhythms with a fusion of Bhangra, Celtic, reggae, hip hop and other genres. Keep safe. Enjoy!

My People -- Delhi 2 Dublin




No comments:

Post a Comment