Tuesday 25 July 2023

10-188 (7/7/23) -- Transitions

Packing continues <sigh>  I got the key to the new place today, so I took some small fragile item boxes to their next home. I placed notes for movers noting large furniture placement. It will take time to find the right homes for some of it, but there will be time to live in the space and work it out from there.

The list of what needs to be done is still too large for comfort, but some of the stuff can happen after the movers arrive. I have three days to clear final items and clean up before the lease ends. Today I removed the post cards and magnets from the fridge. These covered one side and parts of two other exposed sides. Without this covering, the fridge has no personality. <sigh> So, the place is starting to look foreign -- not like home. I've had tears a few times when confronted with the lack of 'me' in the space. Tomorrow I begin packing the wall art. I know this will be difficult to do and to see.  The new place has a large open concept kitchen, dining and living areas, so there are fewer walls to display the art that defines places as my space. The bedroom, bathrooms, hallway and front room (at front of house and will be combo guest room and office) have walls. I may need to learn how to combine things into collages for the walls in the open space. Again, time living there will help me see what fits where.

A chorus line or two came to mind. They spoke to me about the place as is was before I began the deconstruction project that is packing. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Personality -- Lloyd Price


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment