Thursday 6 July 2023

10-185 (4/7/23) -- Calmness Calls

The seven day countdown is in play now. I'm working all over the place trying to tie up loose ends in some areas and start in earnest in other rooms. I completed more in the kitchen and several combo boxes of two or three rooms. I try to console myself that another box packed is progress, even if it is unclear what the plan for the day really is. <sigh> 

I took an hour in the late afternoon to attend the rededication of the cemetery out the back yard. There was a very good turnout. A local history professor and curator of the town history museum, provided us with stories about the lives of people buried there -- with and without stones. Some stones may not have survived, since the last burials occurred in 1877. Other graves likely were marked with simple wooden crosses, which would not have survived over time.  

I felt very tired at the end of the day again. I went to a friend's place for a short visit and felt better. She thought I might need to get out of the house for a bit. She was correct. Being somewhere without piles of boxes helped me to relax. Cool, that. 

At Your Side -- The Corrs 





No comments:

Post a Comment