Saturday 8 July 2023

100-187 (6/7/23) -- War Wounds

In all the pamphlets and websites with tips for packing and moving, none note the potential -- nay absolute -- for increased injury. Boxes bite and scratch. I try to remember to wear disposable gloves to minimize torn nails and cut fingers. Focus is not fully engaged during the whole moving adventure, so forgetting simple things is inevitable. Each day I discover a new bruise or scrape. I recall how the big ones occurred, but the countless small ones just happened without the brain registering that an injury is or has transpired. 

I swear some of the wounds look like I've been abused when all are somewhat self-inflicted. Now that could be seen as negative, too. The good thing is, the dark and scary bruises quickly fade and change to a lighter colour. I need to be more self aware during these moments, but it just doesn't happen as often as it should. 

 So -- what have I learned. Being Zen about the moving process is very difficult. I have not been in the moment as clearly as I would like to be. Taking time to check in with myself and to breathe for a few moments doesn't happen enough. Simple breathing from Tai Chi and Chi Gong help, I just don't get to those moments as often as I should. The most practical tip I have based on the days so far is -- DO NOT pack the first aid kit until the last possible moment <smile>. 

A folk duo came to mind today. <smile> This song highlights their amazing vocals and harmonies. Enjoy!  

Emmylou -- First Aid Kit 



No comments:

Post a Comment