Sunday 18 November 2018

Day 5 - 320 -- Deviation from the Norm

It was a usual and unusual Saturday -- usual in the household tasks and errands that occurred. The unusual part came in the way I felt. I was very sore and finally decided that some of the muscle soreness was from shoveling heavy wet snow yesterday. The headache I put down to the bright lights at the eye doctor yesterday -- one of the migraine triggers. By the early evening, the various pains seemed to be battling among themselves. I nausea episodes with a type of dizziness. So, I headed off to bed early with a pain med. 

Sorry that the day didn't involve a lot of thinking. But a friend reminded me of a wonderful album from the early career of a stellar singer-songwriter. The album was titled 17-11-70 (11-17-70 in the US). A song included on this album is a great cover of a song made famous by one of the early rock star bands. Most recordings by the artist featured today were co-written by him and a lifelong partner. So this selection is a bit of an aberration -- somewhat like I hope this day was for me <smile>. Enjoy!

HonkyTonk Woman -- Elton John ft. Nigel Olsson and Dee Murray 

No comments:

Post a Comment