Sunday 25 November 2018

Day 5 - 328 -- Seeking Improvement

Much of what was planned for today did not get done. A couple of things will make the next couple of days a bit more frenetic than I'd like, but there's not much that can change that now. Getting caught up at home this weekend had more work than could fit in comfortably. Groceries were on today's list, but have now moved to tomorrow. Laundry was completed and meals prepared. Other than that, only parts of the larger projects hit the conscious mind.

I woke early than planned with not enough sleep to make me feel even a tiny bit of perkiness <smile>. After breakfast and household tasks, I sat down and fell asleep. The nap was needed, yet that took time and some energy away from the day's plans. I'm still not sure why the short list for the weekend or the week seems not to be finished. I often just don't have the impetus to move things forward. The extra physical work of snow removal this past week might have created the extra fatigue. It hasn't become part of a routine yet. I'd like to think we'll have a gentle winter season and I can do more walking instead of shoveling. But then, I do live in denial often <smile>. Somehow I have to find a rhythm that will assist with improved productivity <smile>.

Lyrics from a wonderful bluesy song fit my meanderings today. The song is from the earlier part of the singer's career, yet I like the more recent version better, so share it here today. Love the guitar work on this one, too. Enjoy!

Got to get Better -- Eric Clapton


No comments:

Post a Comment