Wednesday 21 November 2018

Day 5 - 324 -- Slow Changeover

The walk into work today felt a bit warmer than yesterday, though something is expected to arrive as the day proceeds -- a bit of some system out of Quebec. I worked on the writing project more today. Some edits were completed and I moved on to the next section. We took a break to listen to some student research proposal presentations. Two exciting projects were well discussed. It will be great to hear their findings next spring. After this, I headed back to do more on the main writing project. When it was time to discuss a second smaller project with a colleague, I was having trouble shifting gears. I'd been in a zone focused on one subject and changing that quickly left me not sure what to think and at a loss for words. I should have stood up and gone for a quick walk down the hall and back before changing topics. <smile> Something to keep in mind for future project work.

I thought of a song when reflecting on not changing topics quickly. I had used an automotive metaphor of changing gears and I heard an old song about a car race through my brain. The group singing this upbeat song has the most amazing harmonies. I love the version shared here as it introduces the group members back in their early (really early) days. Enjoy!

Little Deuce Coupe -- The Beach Boys


No comments:

Post a Comment