Tuesday 27 November 2018

Day 5 - 330 -- Managing Reactivity

The day began with a trip to the grocery store to pick up the items I missed yesterday. At work I realized how one of my frustrations had turned into something darker and when I was late getting lunch, things reached a tipping point. It all came tumbling out. After eating and getting a message from someone who saw the situation in a similar way, I felt much better. A wonderful evening with a friend helped keep things looking up. We can always talk for a long time any day, any time. We talked through many serious and lighthearted topics. Always a great time together.

Today reminded me that I can't change behaviour of others, but I can work on my reactions. This can be difficult with a personal slight occurs -- hurtful things. It does need to be done, though. Remembering to eat lunch when I'm hungry can help with managing reactions, too <smile>. Petty behaviour in others shouldn't lead to similar actions by me. Sometimes it feels like reactionary petty behaviour would be rewarding -- but not so actually. <smile> Tit for Tat doesn't get us anywhere we want to go. Necessary problem solving could best take the higher road.

Lyrics that spoke to me today are from an older song - imagine <smile>.  They cover the need for introspection and moving out of a selfish or adolescent place of thinking. Enjoy!

Higher Love - Steve Winwood


No comments:

Post a Comment