Saturday 24 November 2018

Day 5 - 327 -- Slow Day Ends on a High Note

The day began as others this week -- moving snow. The upside involved sunshine and warmer temperatures with next to no wind. Forecasts note that temperatures should rise above freezing for the next few days with no precipitation for a couple of more days.  It feels like a reprieve of sorts. Falling on a weekend, I feel I can sit back and relax even a bit. Two projects need updates written for next week -- early next week. So -- I'll try to look at those tomorrow to get some ideas written that can be turned into something cohesive in the following two days. For now, it is a more relaxed day.

As I was writing this, I heard sirens. It took a couple of minutes, but I abruptly realized that it was the Santa Claus Parade. I dashed to put on boots, coat, hat, mitts and all the layers needed in colder climes. Racing out the back way, I hoped I wouldn't fall on any slippery bits and be laying there in the dark where no one would see me until morning <smile>. The parade was wonderful. Tons of floats with festive, sparkly lights and lots of music. The kids around me were really wired to see the guest of honour. After so many vehicles and walking groups, came the open four-wheel white carriage drawn by two large blacks. It seats four , but only Santa and Mrs. Clause rode in this one.

So the quiet Saturday included a noisier yet fun event. A lyric came to mind as I walked back from the parade. It described the great outdoor event attended this evening. This version features three great artists that were clearly having a lot of fun (as were some younger audience members). Enjoy!

The Old Man's Back in Town -- Garth Brooks with Kenny Rogers and Trisha Yearwood

No comments:

Post a Comment