Friday 30 November 2018

Day 5 - 333 -- Positive Productive Day

The day began with a break from routine with a different breakfast than is the usual daily fare. That reflected the upbeat mood I was in. I chose to walk to the office while listening to the iPod tunes -- something that helped me to maintain that feeling. I planned to complete the next steps of several partially finished projects on my desk. At the end of the day, I'd done those along with a couple of extras -- several e-mails sent, edits to a couple of written drafts, invitation note delivered, gathering information for project meetings next week and even finding the recipes to work with on the weekend. After the walk home, I had a good supper -- nothing fancy, but something filling and tasty. I do hope the mood can continue into the weekend and help me to get bits of many plans underway.

It is interesting that some days everything seems to just fit. Elevated moods are fun and yet gnerally don't hang around for a long time. Today was an exception with things lasting for most of the day. Even if such feeling s arrive for part of a day, I need to enjoy them. Paying attention to emotions gives us permission to feel what we feel and improves understanding of the ups and downs. There often is no discernible reason that we feel up or down or somewhere in between. Emotions are not always linked to a specific event or experience -- they just are.

A song that speaks to the way I felt today came to mind. The chorus lyrics say what I've felt today. the feelings helped me do the fun tasks that on 'down' days just feel like work. <smile> Enjoy!

On Top of the World -- Imagine Dragons


No comments:

Post a Comment