Thursday 22 November 2018

Day 5 - 325 -- Finding the Newness

When I looked out the window, I found far more white stuff than expected. Overnight about 15 cm fell when we'd expected 2-5 cm. That is a big difference. When I went to shovel, I immediately recognized it as an easy job today. The snow was light and fluffy due to the very cold air - some arctic low that is further south than usual at this time of year. The walk into work was a bit slippery as sidewalks had yet to be cleared and it was still snowing lightly. The sun came out later in the morning, but the cloud returned by early afternoon, bringing with it more snowfall. By the end of the work day, we walked into the north wind on the way out for supper. The wind was truly biting with a windchill reported as -22C -- which translates as COLD.

My visiting research colleague and I got through a major data analysis task today that made us see previous work in a new light. Along with this, further writing and talking about how best to present the data to others were discussed. When it was all over we went for supper and had wonderful meals and great conversation. It is difficult to believe that the time is up and she will be headed back to Ontario later tomorrow. It is validating to have someone who understands the study questions like I do and enjoys the same geeky stuff <smile>.

When feeding the furry one this morning, we emptied the last of a large bag of food. I told him we'd get to open a new one for supper tonight. I'm not sure he understood that, but I know things must taste fresher because there is greater excitement for the first few days after such a grand opening. I knew instantly this morning what the song for the day would be -- and yes, it brought laughter to me as I got ready for work. It hits one of the many highlights of the day for me <grin> and definitely for the furry one. The singer has a unique style and rhythm when performing. Enjoy!

Papa's Got a Brand New Bag -- James Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment