Wednesday 16 December 2020

Day 7 - 351 -- Wonderland?

The day began with a major covering of white everywhere outside the window. Temperatures were the coldest so far this season. Even the house feels cooler than usual. I shoveled the snow for the first time this fall from the porches and made a path to the town sidewalk. When I came back inside, my hands were very cold. After a meeting and some phone calls, I headed back outside to move the snow piles from the town sidewalk plow at the end of the driveway. It is my hope that I can clear off the car and run a couple of errands tomorrow before the next nor'easter arrives in early afternoon. <fingers crossed>

Feeling cold outside and inside today ensures I understand that winter is almost here -- Monday next being the solstice. Windows seem to leak cool air into the house. This is the time of year that I especially enjoy a warming bath at the end of the day. I admit that the music we seem surrounded by at present is bound to convince me that the whiteness is a wonderland or that storms are in some way romantic. I've had to drive is such weather and it is flat out nasty. Here, we have a 50:50 chance of having a white Christmas. Those that were green have been fantastic. Travel -- even within town -- to dinner with friends or family becomes so much easier than when that romanticized covering of snow appears.

While shoveling a song came to mind. I may put too fine a point on my feelings but there's nothing I want to hide. So, here goes! Stay safe. Enjoy! 

I Hate the Frigging Snow -- G. Salvia


 


No comments:

Post a Comment