Sunday 20 December 2020

Day 7 - 354 -- (In)Activity

 The day began with a plan. This went sideways slowly <smile>. I expected a workman to arrive to attend to two items. We had set Saturday as the day. Well, the person did not arrive and chose not to respond to a text asking when they expected to arrive here. I had rearranged some things so the day would not be too messed up. When no one showed up, a couple of larger projects did not happen today as planned. These will be pushed into tomorrow's already full schedule. What will need to be ignored tomorrow to make today's things fit are the fun things I had planned for some 'me' time. It happens. 

I was surprised at my response to this situation. I felt quite frustrated. I do like to follow the schedule planned. I even felt energetic and ready to do things today. The thought that something likely came up at their end crossed my mind, but why I didn't get a quick text to say we'll try for another day? Being thoughtful of others seems important to me <smile>. I did go for a short walk. This exercise helps me to relax a bit with the rhythmic breathing and movement. I felt better by early evening and continued with some of the things on my list. The tree now has lights and an angel. More may come later but this looks great given the darkness of the cloudy days and the shortness of available light at this time of year. So, in the end the (in)action of another did not ruin my day. <smile>

The chorus of a song came to mind while reviewing the day. It came down to waiting <smile>. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Waiting for Christmas to Come -- Johnny Reid




No comments:

Post a Comment