Friday 11 December 2020

Day 7 - 345 -- Finding Moments of Peace

Cold, cloudy and rainy were the words of the day. I puttered away most of the day picking at the 'to do' list. An online purchase took much longer than necessary with phone and live chat unavailable even with 30 minutes of waiting. The digital assistant could not even understand the question I asked regardless of how many times I rephrased so it might be clear to this poorly trained bot; no matter what I tried it couldn't be remotely helpful. I finally had to click on the 'never mind' button -- so very frustrating and not a great customer service experience. I was amazed that this large national company even used the dismissive phrase 'never mind'. That showed me that they obviously understand that the bot is semi-useless. Luckily, after that experience, I had a great weekly chat with a friend and then headed out for a short walk in the early darkness. Drizzle with the occasional snow flake fell from the sky. It was cold. I will need to move to heavier gloves or go with mitts in the near future. <sigh> 

I chose an instrumental song today because I find it relaxing. Peaceful, in fact -- since I know the words as many people do. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Happy Christmas (War is Over) -- Yo Yo Ma



No comments:

Post a Comment