Friday 30 June 2023

10-181 (30/6/23) -- Seasonal Discomfort

Earlier in the week, I got a prescription filled for eye drops to deal with extreme itchiness from airborne allergies. Today I got a bottle of a new (to me) eye drop to deal with dryness and scratchy feeling eyes. We have smoke in the air continually and it comes from a number of different origins. The pollen counts have been higher this year, too. I love the flowers, but they do create allergic symptoms. When it is hot, I've been forced to open the windows in the evening. This action only adds to the symptoms. Now, to add to these issues, I'm moving, so am stirring up dust from the corners throughout the house. So -- I have the trifecta of allergy causes. What do I win? sneeziness, itchiness and major eye discomfort.  Members of the medical community have told me that this year seems worse. So it isn't just me. 

This time of year always reminds me of a song. It helps me to smile through the scratchy-itchy yuckiness. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Allergies -- Paul Simon



No comments:

Post a Comment