Tuesday 4 July 2017

Day 4 - 184 -- Long weekend

Monday of a long weekend and I spent it doing a number of chores around the house. I wrote some notes to send to friends by real mail and paid some bills. Tomorrow I'll drop things at the post office. Warmer temperatures today with some humidity. It is to be cool overnight and be less warm tomorrow and a whole lot drier. <big smile>

News magazine hosts have been calling the continued festivities of the Canada Day weekend, a 'hangover.' I find this term a bit on the negative side. The rest of the year will be filled with celebrations since this is the 150th year of confederation. These are not hangovers, but an extended year of festivals. That is a good thing <smile>. Today, I watched some recorded programs developed for this year. While some were better than others, they all showed pride in the country.

A song that was part of the national Canada Day evening celebration fits my feelings today -- and many other days of the year. Enjoy!

Canadian Girls -- Dean Brody 




No comments:

Post a Comment