Tuesday 25 July 2017

Day 4 - 206 -- Another Grey Day

Another grey day dawned today, with rain (mainly drizzle after early morning) and cool temperatures. This is still a delight after the heat and humidity. I was tired much of the day, with the concentration needed for editing adding to the fatigue. One major project is nearing completion while the others remain in piles on the side of the desk. Further editing needed tomorrow for two projects. Time is running short for both of these and the others on the desk. Nothing new on the vehicle report -- another couple of diagnostics to happen tomorrow before we know what parts need to be replaced.

Being tired doesn't help me to deal with minor irritations. The feeling that something huge is looming over my shoulder just out of eyesight is a manifestation of the anxiety of daily living. It becomes more intense with the tiredness. I have plans for a social outing tomorrow that should involve some laughter. I try to find the absurdities in frustrations and smile or laugh. Again, with multiple small items, this takes more energy. I've seen several other very tired people on campus, but misery doesn't really enjoy company <smile>.

A song by a younger Canadian singer-songwriter seemed fitting for today. I love the juxtaposition of the lyrics with the melody and tempo. All that and a keyboardist to boot. It makes me smile <smile>. Enjoy!

Bad Day -- Daniel Powter


No comments:

Post a Comment