Thursday 13 July 2017

Day 4 - 194 -- Giggles at Grocery Store

It has been a day with some frustrations or disappointments -- however one looks at this. It was happily cooler today with drier air. Several tasks were moved forward. A couple of fun conversations occurred. So, it was far from a day to write off completely. After work I had an appointment and then made a trip for a few grocery items at the two grocery stores. I shop with a list. It has been my way of doing things since Dad and I used to go on Saturday mornings. While I can remember most of what is needed on most days <smile>, the list saves some anxiety at the store and frustration when I get home without a key staple kitchen product. Today I headed through the produce, frozen food and dairy aisles without realizing that the list was no longer in my pocket. I couldn't recall what else had been on the list but knew there had been more than the four items in the cart. I completed the circle and went back to the produce section -- the last time I remembered reading the list. I was scanning the floor in the very busy area -- it was just after work with the usual crowd. As I walked by the leafy greens, there it was sitting on the shelf in front of the chard. As I picked it up, I knew it was mine -- not from the handwriting, but from the words printed on the back of the paper (I reuse before I recycle). In rather large letters was THE MONKEES with some smaller printing below. Obviously it was from a printed e-mail or notice of some sort. It did make me smirk and then nearly laugh out loud -- not a great thing among all the other folks there. I did laugh later when alone in the car and again at home. Nothing like promoting a band I have loved for decades while shopping for nutrient dense vegetables <g>.

The song for tonight was decided in the parking lot of the first grocery store visited. It is a song made famous by the band in question. This cover is sung by a Canadian -- since that is what I've been doing for the past 29 days <smile>. It may even explain why I left the list behind. Enjoy!

Daydream Believer -- Anne Murray


No comments:

Post a Comment