Monday 31 July 2017

Day 4 - 212 -- New Things

I tried something new today -- I took the day off <smile>. I spent time getting groceries and just wandering in a few stores, something that I rarely have time to do during the week. I walked out to the bank and further down the street to do a few other errands. It was hot during the afternoon -- but there was a bit of breeze at times that seemed to come from different directions as I walked along. I chatted with friends in a couple places today -- nice to see familiar faces and have people ask how I was doing <smile>.

Doing new things can be invigorating. I didn't even look at e-mail today. I'll get it all cleared out tomorrow when I head to the office. I will be trying to do some fun things while on vacation in another week, but today I just needed a day for me. Many times we avoid newness, just plodding along in our comfortable routines. Yet, looking for and taking opportunities to try new things can keep life fresh.

A song that came to mind is an older song from a Canadian female group from Montreal. The three members had been backup singers before starting a recording group during the early disco and funk eras. A lot of newness in that sentence. <smile>  Their harmonies are tight giving them a great sound. Enjoy!

Funkysation -- Toulouse


No comments:

Post a Comment