Friday 14 July 2017

Day 4 - 195 -- An Act of Kindness

Another week has ended with part of the wish list completed. Things should be near completion with another week -- she typed optimistically. Other duties and events push their way onto my desk top, which is no mean feat given the number of open files and projects living there right now. The night really cooled so sleeping was so much easier and the house cooled down significantly. It is to be similar tonight followed by a warm up for several days.

By the end of the day, I felt rather weary. I headed home, made a big salad and went out to the wood fired pizza trailer for take out supper. The special tonight was fantastic -- Thai chicken with orange bell peppers and banana peppers and a drizzle of a sweet spicy Thai sauce. Totally amazing as is usual. :)  While chatting with the owner I told him that it was the end of a long hard week and I was so tired. We then spoke of happier things like vacation and his food trailer business north of town. His vacation occurs in the winter when these businesses are not open as regularly. They also have an ice cream part of the food stand. A new flavour was on the board that made me smile -- Parliament Chill <grin>. I asked what the flavour was since it wasn't intuitive. The response was raspberry or strawberry ripple. While waiting for the pizza to bake, the young girl working the ice cream business brought me a cone. I was shocked as I hadn't expected one, just asked what the flavour was. Her response was that it was 'on the house'.  I tried it and it was wonderful. It was then I realized how hungry I was and the cone was melting so I had to eat it, right? <grin>.  It was a subtle strawberry swirled in an amazing vanilla -- very yummy and a flavour worth ordering again.

Much like I'd written yesterday, kindness goes a long way. I felt perkier from the gifted cone -- not all of which could be attributed to blood sugar increase. Small things can mean so much. I associate ice cream cones with getting a treat or a special event day. We didn't have ice cream often when I was a kid. Once we got a deep freeze when I was older a gallon generally resided there. It is a food linked to fun, parties and summer vacations away from home. So, it meant a lot to me today on many levels.

Lyrics of the selection shared today recognize the joys of this food item in a quirky way. The vocals and lyrics are bound to make you smile -- just like the ice cream cone did for me. Enjoy!

Ice Cream -- Sarah Mclachlan


No comments:

Post a Comment