Sunday 9 July 2017

Day 4 - 190 -- Full Moon

Last night, I looked out the window and gasped. The moon was so full and bright, it was astounding. Having a clear sky at full moon isn't something that I take for granted in this maritime climate -- clouds are far too common. On the prairies, the sky is visible much more often. That got me thinking about weather patterns here and there. Since this country is so vast, there are many weather patterns common to the many regions. No wonder talking about the weather is a national pastime and many people can recognize the national meteorologist <smile>.

I'll admit that this train of thought took me back home. Recently, three people I know from here have - independently - gone to Saskatchewan for visits. I dearly wish I could have tagged along with each of them. I do miss the place. It won't be this summer, but next year, I hope. After all, I come from 'next year country.' <smile>  All of this brought a song to mind -- a favourite by a Saskatchewan folk singer-songwriter. It is a short song, but says a lot of what I was thinking -- and it all began with the moon. Enjoy!

NOTE: The sound quality is not great but this is the only video I found of this song. It was recorded in the Mae Wilson theatre in my home town.

Saskatoon Moon -- Connie Kaldor


No comments:

Post a Comment