Wednesday 2 August 2017

Day 4 - 214 -- Planning Days

Lots of planning happening this week. Trying to get next term together online and in my head -- and not likely in that order <smile>.  Developing something new for assignments, a new topic or a new way to present an old topic takes time. Doing something new isn't easy; it takes a lot out of a person. New ideas or new twists on past ideas can enliven a person. If it is for a lecture on a topic taught several times, a new presentation format can keep the lecturer enthused. The down side is knowing that while it may work wonderfully, it can also fall flat right in front of you. I've often said that learning is a multi-directional process. I learn everyday in the classroom whether I am at the front or seated. This is a difficult concept to help students understand. To me, this can democratize a class setting and facilitate the learning process.

When the class, research and vacation plans ran through my head today I thought of Frost's lines about taking the path less traveled. Those roads in the woods have been part of my thinking since high school. Interesting that the key idea of that poem returns to my mind often. A song line that is similar to Frost's words seemed the best to share here today. It is by a Canadian band, one that has dealt with a lot of trash talk <smile>. The lyrics fit my whole thought processes for future planning. Enjoy!

If Today was Your Last Day -- Nickelback


No comments:

Post a Comment