Sunday 13 August 2017

Day 4 - 225 -- Quiet Time

I've always been a night person -- mornings are not my best part of a day. I was born at 12:36 AM, so have been active at that time of day from the beginning. My mom once told me that half the day was gone before I got up (on weekends). I responded that half the day was still left when she went to bed. Recent research found that genes are likely at the root of this behaviour. Some workers in Europe even took their 8-5 work hours to court using the genetic defense -- not sure where they netted out on that one <smile>. It seems reasonable that we begin by understanding that some people function better at particular times of day.

I've often thought about why I like to be awake later than other people. The night can be a time for me to focus on me without interruptions from others. I am an introvert, so having that 'me time' helps me to feel calmer and recharge a bit. The night is generally quieter outside the windows -- except when the neighbours have a blow out party <sigh>.(On those nights earplugs help to make it a somewhat quieter night.) Even in larger cities, the sound changes at night. I find this is when I read, listen to music, watch TV, and write a blog <smile>. The quiet allows time for reflection and relaxation. I feel I sleep better on nights when I've had this time for myself.

The song that came to mind today has been covered by many artists, several of them Canadian. The selection shared involves a duet with a European artist. The song was written in Portuguese and then had English lyrics provided.  This version for today uses both languages. Enjoy!

Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars (Corcovado) -- Andrea Bocelli ft. Nelly Furtado

No comments:

Post a Comment