Tuesday 1 August 2017

Day 4 - 213 -- Reminded of Home

Slept poorly last night -- had difficulty getting to sleep and then staying asleep. I managed to negotiate some of the work on the desk to prepare course websites for September. There is a lot more to do there, but hopefully tomorrow will be productive. The sun shone brightly and without the wind, it would have been oppressive.

The ancient harvest festival of Llughnasadh -- a great Gaelic word, isn't it? Sort of sounds like 'loo-na-sa(v)" -- a lightly aspirated v for the 'dh'  This celebration occurred when wheat harvests began. Christianity named the celebration Lammas or Loaf Mass. It is way too warm to fire up the oven to bake bread, but thankfully I have some in the freezer that can be thawed and consumed <smile>. This reminded me of home since wheat harvest will begin this month. I do miss seeing that occur, especially the lights going through fields in the night, working to get the crop off before the weather turns -- frost or rain downgrades the crop.

Thinking of a song for today,  I read that the anniversary of when the furry one was rescued was also World Tiger Day. <smile>  That did help me find the song to share with you all. It is a Canadian band from the early new wave era with a song that speaks of home. Enjoy!

My Song -- Glass Tiger


No comments:

Post a Comment