Thursday 24 August 2017

Day 4 - 236 -- Plans for Change

Another day feeling overly tired. I slept through the alarm -- luckily didn't need to be anywhere. All day I've felt totally fatigued. This happened a couple of weeks ago and ended in a migraine. I may not set an alarm and see if I feel any better waking when my body chooses. It may be the weather -- difficulty sleeping and hearing the fan all night means I'm not getting the deeper restful sleep needed to operate at even moderate efficiency.

While things do get done when feeling tired, they take longer (or it feels that way) and fewer of them get done. Ten days remain before I return to work and classes begin in 11 days. Is this like the Sunday anxiety phenomenon only feeling the end of a vacation coming? I'd understand if we were a week down the road and there were only three days left before needing to be in the office. Ten days seems just too long to wind up when I'm trying to wind down. Really, really trying.

Thinking of working towards getting more restful sleep, knocking a few more things off the 'to do' list, and seeking to relax, a lyric from an older song came to mind. The lyrics describe someone seeking to work harder to be successful at something. While her something and my something are different entities, the work involved is similar. The melody and phrasing describe the difficulty and the distress that come along with making changes.  I had to check to make sure that there was Canadian content, and indeed there was <smile>. The singer is American, but the backing band members are from Ontario. Enjoy!

Try -- Janis Joplin and the Full Tilt Boogie Band


No comments:

Post a Comment