Tuesday 22 August 2017

Day 4 - 234 -- Heat-Impaired Rest

Whew!  Today has been very very HOT with little to no breeze. The house become an oven. Is this some leftover from the sun being upstaged yesterday? Now it has the need to make up for the missed sunshine hours. The other option is that heat is venting straight from hell. Not sure where the crack in time and space would be to facilitate that. Now, I can sweat but the feline must be so uncomfortable. I worked in the house for the afternoon and ran errands about 7 PM. It was still oppressively hot outside. By 8 PM a noticeable cooling occurred -- and it was still about 25C. Drier air appeared then, too. I can only hope that some of the cooler air outside leaks into the house overnight. That will help us start at a lower temp when it all repeats tomorrow.

I find the heat disrupts sleep. I have had difficulty getting to sleep and today had difficulty getting up with the alarm. It is a vicious cycle. The noise of the fan at night also can disrupt sleep, but it can help somewhat with the illusion of coolness. Heat can create a headache, as it did yesterday -- though that may have been the bright sun. Seems I walked the two blocks home without my hat on after tea yesterday -- I was aware it seemed brighter but put that down to the solar events that occurred in the sky.

The melody of the song shared today projects tension and the video brings some disturbance. Each of these remind me of the anxiety of trying to get some rest, a theme alluded to in the lyrics. Enjoy!

Heat of the Night -- Bryan Adams


No comments:

Post a Comment