Saturday 19 August 2017

Day 4 - 231 -- Storylines

I spent today working through basic housework and some work with household files. Plans were made with a carpenter to do some of the work in the basement. That should occur next week. I just need to get some of the supplies needed. That will be on Monday. I've been reading some of the bedside pile of 'to reads'. It is fun to have time to read something that isn't needed for work <smile>. I've also been listening to -- and sometimes watching -- some movies. Most are fairly recent, but a couple have been a bit older and well worth a repeat viewing. I've also been doing mini-binges with an older sci-fi series that I enjoyed when it was new. I've discovered I still like it <smile>.

While that may sound like I'm doing nothing, that isn't really the case. I've always had the television or stereo on in the background when reading or working at home. I don't get the whole plot most days, but that means if there's a bit of interest, I can re-watch another time. <smile>  I've thought of the storylines of different genres of movies and tv series. Common themes, the tropes, abound. Interestingly, some plots are similar to those of classic books. It makes sense since these themes explore the basic human condition, just with different characters, times in history, and places. It is not uncommon to see Shakespeare in a sci-fi movie. It can be fun to find the basic story in the midst of all the staging.

The song for today takes its title from classic literature and puts its own twist on things. The lyrics focus on science fiction, which likely comes from what I've been listening to today <smile>. The Canadian band began anonymously, which shrouded it in conspiracy theory -- definitely an intriguing beginning. Enjoy!

Around the Universe in 80 Days -- Klaatu


No comments:

Post a Comment