Thursday 12 November 2020

Day 7 - 317 -- Rock Birthday

 The day began very warm and the temperature dropped sharply by mid-afternoon. We are now back at the usual temperatures for this time of year. I did enjoy the brief summery respite, though. My day was fairly uneventful. One telephone meeting went well and I was able to book two other appointments -- one for me and one for the car -- before the end of the month. I had two short outings. The first was to the drugstore to get some antibiotic ointment. When I unboxed it at home, the tube was leaking around the crimped end. So, out I headed again to get a replacement. Sadly the entire shelf stock had the same issue. It must have been a mechanical issue during packaging. They refunded my costs and I walked down the street to the other drug store, where the tubes showed no sign of leakage. It was a different expiry date, so a different production time. I then headed out to the bakery for a loaf of bread and a half dozen rolls. Yum. <smile> It wasn't a wasted day by any stretch, just a bit quieter than some. 

Today Neil Young turned 75. In honour of the birthday of this Canadian, I chose to share a song written and performed by Young. This version is from a concert so it is longer than the more commonly heard recorded version and contains more guitar work than usual. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Rockin' in the Free World -- Neil Young



No comments:

Post a Comment